Monday, January 21, 2008

online learning is difficult

I was so excited about taking this technology class, and I still am, if I could just get past the frustration! I have never been really good at any of this, and look at this class as my way to develop some useful skills. So far, nothing has gone smoothly. I am surprised I was even able to access my blog - for three days I haven't been able to!
Our school has a wealth of technology, and I am learning (slowly) to use it. The difficult part is that there is never anyone around who actually has the time to show me how to use it - I get hopelessly lost in manuals. I am required to teach computers one day a week to my second graders. This is extremely difficult it a lab where not all the computers work or have the same software loaded on to it. NCLB expect for teachers to be highly qualified in all subjects they teach. I am hardly highly qualified in technology.
What I lack in expertise, I think I might make up for in determination. I WILL DO THIS!
I began to read the book this evening and was happy to see the explanation of so many terms. This will help build my knowledge and hopefully I will be able to understand the messages my computer sends to me.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Hang in there and just keep clicking around, you can do it...I understand what you mean about teaching students about technology. It can be very frustrating between the computers not working and me not knowing what to do. I wonder if our state or district will ever consider putting technology teachers (not coaches)in our schools?

janet said...

I can truly relate to your comments. I, too, have had serious problems with computer issues that has caused major frustration for me. I have the same problem posting and adding a thread on blackboard with my new computer at home. By any chance do you have windows vista? I do and I was thinking that might be the problem. Hopefully you will feel better to learn that you are not alone. I am dealing with the same frustrations as you.
Janet