My class has been so excited about the research that they have been doing in conjunction with their Heifer International project. We started with printed materials, but quickly decided to delve further, beginning with the use of the Heifer International Website. A few of my children knew to look in other places as well, using ask.com . It was fun to see them collaborate as they gathered information. Later, they took this information and created a powerpoint presentation - some were quite well done, others had minimal information. I loved that two of my children included links to other websites on theirs.
I learn from and with my kids all the time. As I was trying to help them locate some clip art for their slides, one showed me how easy it was to obtain by going to google images. I never knew! We were able to find just the right images to illustrate their slides, and were not limited by cute little graphics that sometimes don't fit.
I am trying to figure out how download (upload? I'm still not sure of the difference) a movie clip into a power point presentation.
Reading chapter s 7 and 8 in the textbook supplied me with many "ah ha moments." When I read the section (ch. 7) on distance learning, I still could not help but feel that, while distance learning may be appropriate for some subjects, it is NOT the best way for me to do a technology class. Because I am such a novice, it would be so helpful to have an opportunity to have face to face learning, rather than struggling through each task.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment